Let’s go on a summer reading adventure! Alvin ISD has partnered with the Alvin ISD Education Foundation and the GPD Employee Foundation to bring books to their communities. Due to COVID-19, the Alvin ISD Book Bus was unable to be utilized to bring boots to the students.
In order to encourage Alvin ISD students to read this summer, Six Free Mini Book Bus Libraries have been installed throughout the district. The office of Family and Community Engagement will continue to stock high quality books with the goal of continued literacy improvement and school readiness.
Students from the Construction and Technology Program at J.B. Hensler College and Career Academy assisted in building these mini libraries for the students of Alvin ISD. Fine Arts teachers from Alvin ISD painted and embellished the boxes to place in the communities.
If you have gently used or brand new books to donate for these libraries, please contact Ana Pasarella at email@example.com. Books should be in good condition and suitable for children K-12.
Grab your books at one of the following locations:
- Mini Book Bus Library #1: Kidz Harbor - 638 Harbor Dr, Liverpool, TX 77577
- Mini Book Bus Library #2: Pearland Acres Mobile Home Community - 18810 Tree Top Lane. Pearland, TX 77584
- Mini Book Bus Library #3: Oak Crest Mobile Home Community - 1 Clubhouse Drive. Manvel, TX. 77578
- Mini Book Bus Library #4: Rodeo Palms Junior High - 101 Palm Desert Drive. Manvel, TX 77578
- Mini Book Bus Library #5: Sanchez Elementary - 1721 Sterling Lakes West Drive. Rosharon, TX, 77583
- Mini Book Bus Library #5: Nelson Elementary - 14400 Country Road 185. Alvin, TX, 77511
SOURCE: Alvin ISD