Lakes of Savannah offers residents new homes located in the highly-rated Alvin Independent School District (Alvin ISD). Residents attend schools at all grade levels in some of its most recent campuses including Manvel Junior High, which opened for the 2015-16 school year. The district has long retained a high rating from the TEA based on the outstanding results achieved district wide by students on statewide testing.
For those who want to further their education after high school, a number of outstanding opportunities are close to home to residents in Lakes of Savannah. Award-winning colleges and universities in the area include Alvin Community College, San Jacinto College and the University of Houston Clear Lake which has a new campus now open in Pearland.
Alvin ISD Facts
- It is the mission of Alvin ISD to provide an exemplary educational program that ensures all students' mastery of concepts and skills necessary for a meaningful and productive life. In addition to regular education, the district's curriculum includes programs in special education, gifted and talented education, career and technology education as well as extracurricular activities.
- Alvin ISD has a low pupil/teacher ratio average of 18:1.
- To keep up with the ever-changing world of technology, Alvin ISD's Instructional Technology Department provides training and resources for teachers to confidently teach students about technology and how to utilize its capabilities.
- Alvin ISD's teachers average 10.2 years of experience and more than 20% hold advanced degrees.
- Alvin ISD students consistently rank above state averages in skills exams.
- Alvin ISD boasts a low dropout rate of only 0.9%, well below the state average of 1.6%.
The BRIDGE Program
The BRIDGE program was designed by the Alvin ISD Police Department to take portions of the DARE and GREAT programs and include parental involvement. The BRIDGE program will involve a series of ten lessons which will be taught to fifth graders at every elementary school in Alvin. These lessons will also be taught to the parents in settings where they are comfortable. The idea is to bridge the relationship between the schools, the parents, the police and the community.
301 E. House Street
Alvin, TX 77511