Pearland was recently included in Movoto Real Estate Blog’s “Most Affordable Suburbs in America” list and is the only Houston suburb to be named in the top 10.
Known for its reports and rankings of areas across the county including its “Best Suburbs In America,” the company, in its most recent survey, rated Pearland No. 4 out of 139 cities surveyed.
The report cites that the suburbs all offer a unique combination of low cost of living, affordable homes, and other aspects that make them good choices for those looking to enjoy suburban living without spending a fortune doing it.
The top 10 most affordable suburbs were rated according to the following criteria:
• Cost of living above/below national average
• Cost of food above/below national average
• Cost of utilities above/below national average
• Housing affordability (ratio of median household income to median home price)
• Property tax rate percentage above/below national average
• State income tax rate percentage above/below national average
• Sales tax rate percentage above/below national average
Pearland rates 18 points lower than the national cost of living average and the median home price is $168,100.